Site Manager Wind Farms - Vietnam
Leap29 have a fantastic opportunity which is available for a Site Manager for wind farm projects in South Vietnam. My client is an independent power producer who have 2 wind farm projects under project development. As the project development phase in close to completion we are now looking to hire the Site Manager to oversee the construction phase.
Overview of the Role:
The Site Manager will monitor and coordinate construction activities on Site. The Site Manager will be based full-time on site during the construction of the Project. Together with the Head of Engineering and Construction, the Site Manager will safeguard the interests of the Employer and promote the completion and commissioning of the Project.
The Site Manager will have experience with infrastructure construction with a minimum of 10 years' experience on site projects (and for the last 3 years consecutively). The Site Manager will have a strong knowledge and understanding of civil infrastructure and some knowledge of electrical balance of plant as well as integration of projects with national grids.
The Contracts Manager will be required to hold a tertiary level qualification in a relevant discipline such as Engineering or similar and shall possess at least 10 years of professional experience.
Additional desired competencies are:
• Experience working with infrastructure projects in Vietnam, ideally including energy and wind farm projects.
• Experience working for Multinational companies.
• Experience working in southern Vietnam.
• Advanced English and Vietnamese language capability is required
The Site Manager shall be responsible for the following:
• Oversee all construction activities to monitor compliance with quality and HSE regulations and standards
• Coordinate interfaces with the EPC Contractor and its subcontractors
• Monitor contractual conditions of performance of the EPC Contractor by reviewing the daily work progress
• Prepare internal reports to communicate progress to the Project Director.
• Communicate anticipated issues or non-conformance to the Project Director.
• Analyse, manage and mitigate Employer and EPC Contractor risks
• Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
• Work together and direct the other EC team members to fulfil their scope
• Coordinate the actions and priorities of staff on site to facilitate a comprehensive Employer presence
• Liaise with the Community Relations Officer, E&S Officer, Development Team, and all other support functions of the team
• Cultivate and perpetuate a strong working relationship with the EPC Contractor and its subcontractors
• Monitoring the compliance of the works with IEC, ISO, or other relevant international standards
• The Site Manager will report to the Head of Engineering and Construction on a daily basis. In addition, the Site Manager may also provide comments to the CEO as directed by the Head of Engineering and Construction.
• The Contractors will report jointly to the Site Manager and Head of Engineering and Construction.
• Any other site-based technical staff will report to the Site Manager.
• The Site Manager will coordinate with the site-based Community Relations Officer and Development Department, however, these functions will report to the Head of Development and the CEO.
The Site Manager will be based on the project site and may be required to travel to the Head Office in Ho Chi Minh City occasionally.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your cv through to Rob Byrom.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!