HSE Manager - Basel, Switzerland
Job Title: Health Safety Environment Manager
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Rate: To be Discussed
A global organisation specialising in systems, consumables, and services for research purposes based in Basel, Switzerland, are actively searching for a Health & Safety Environment Manager to join their established team on a permanent basis. The candidate will be responsible for EHS aspects, infrastructure, ensuring EHS the facilities, processes and procedures are in compliance with local EHS regulations, as well as company internal EHS standards.
• Interacting with local Management team, department and function heads to develop further EHS program and plans, to address deficiencies & ensure EHS compliance.
• Providing Management, department and function heads with consultation relating to environmental, health & safety guidelines identifying the impacts of changes.
• Building effective working relationships with staff & key stakeholders incl. corporate EHS function and regulatory authorities
• Progressing with further development of EHS-relevant objectives
• Tracing on EHS implementation & effectiveness via dashboards & periodic reporting
• Monitoring & evaluating EHS risks, develop and implement counter measurements
• Ensuring key risks & regulatory requirements are addressed for appropriate addressees
• Ensuring continuous improvement of the EHS program.
• Supporting, developing and implementing EHS trainings
• Supporting & facilitating EHS committees, safety teams to ensure establishment and maintenance of the EHS program
• Monitoring performance of EHS through GEMBAs, inspection & auditing of systems & procedures
• Coordinating and managing Specific EHS-related projects (e.g. facilities and infrastructure)
• Migration to new processes and procedures for the management of, Incident, Near Misses, EHS observations and CAPAs, (incl. training and communication)
• Migration of a workspace (production & warehouse environment) safety risk assessments
• Migration of a machine safety risk assessments
• Waste management implementation of improvement opportunities
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering and or life science discipline (mechanical engineering, chemistry, biotechnology, etc.)
• German and or Swiss certified EHS qualifications at practitioner level is a must
• Minimum 4 to 6 years of EHS experience is required; must include experience in a highly-regulated environment (GMP/ISO/OHSAS)
• Technical experience & knowledge in diverse EHS areas including but not limited to air, water, hazardous waste, machine safety, utilities and equipment, ergonomics, industrial hygiene is highly desirable.
• Experience of EHS policies and practices preferably gained in a multi-national, multi-disciplinary environment;
• Experience in identifying, evaluating, controlling and mitigating EHS risks in the workplace
• Pragmatic approach to development & delivery of EHS solutions
• Knowledge of international and local EHS regulations (German and Swiss is highly desirable)
• Knowledge of data reporting and tracking systems.
• Fluency in both German and English
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, call 01625537555 (extension - 1024)
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!