Development Manager for Wind & Solar - Milano, Italy
Leap29 have a fantastic opportunity which is available on behalf of a leading developer who focus on Onshore Wind and solar PV projects across Europe. The position which we are looking to fill is for Country Development Manager for the Italy market. The position will involve identifying opportunities for greenfield development and building a strong pipeline of projects across Italy.
The successful candidate must have expert knowledge of the project development process in Italy, from early stages of development, and must be able to identify suitable project opportunities. It will be essential that the successful candidate has experience with stakeholder management, as the Country Development Manager will control the co-development agreements with external parties. This position will report remotely to the Director of Southern Europe.
Based in Either Milan or Rome, the position will report to the Managing Director for Southern Europe. Main duties and responsibilities are exclusively related to the Italian market and include:
• Sourcing for land and professionals in order to develop green field wind and solar projects
• Promoting growth, profitability and sustainability of the market
• Developing and proposing the business development strategy, KPIs and main goals for the market
• Drafting and presenting annual budgets for the market
• Identifying, assessing and facilitating business development opportunities for wind and solar
• Facilitating the link between all local partners and the Southern European Region department or the headquarters
• Coordinating external project developers or professionals, assuring compliance with the signed agreements
• Sourcing, assessing and proposing project acquisition opportunities, incl. participation in potential M&A transactions
• Performing market analysis, feasibility and risk assessment studies on projects
• Contributing to the definition and preparation of a sustainable development strategy
• Assuring constant monitoring of the defined objectives
The ideal profile:
• Has at least three years of experience working within renewable energy (wind/solar) with similar role
• Is fluent in Italian and English, with strong communication skills in both languages
• Has solid and verifiable experience in greenfield wind project development in Italy from land scouting to RTB phase, incl. knowing and complying with national, regional and local regulation
• Has an ability to work in several projects in different regions at the same time
• Is proficient in MS Office tools
• Has outstanding project management skills
• Has strong analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Has a university degree with strong academic credentials
• Can work from home but is required to travel often, mainly in Italy
Furthermore, you could have experience/skills in:
• Managing the construction of utility scale wind or PV plants until commissioning phase
• General management
• Written and oral communication in other languages
• M&A, financing and PPA negotiations
• Working in an international company headquartered out of Italy.
This position can be based in either Milan or Rome. Please send your cv through to Rob Byrom.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!