Head of EPC for Solar PV - Melbourne, Australia
Leap29 are working closely with a large sized company who own numerous large scale solar PV projects across Eastern Australia to fill a position for Head of EPC. The position requires a candidate who has extensive experience ion overseeing the Engineering, Procurement and Construction of Solar PV projects in Australia.
The position will report directly to the General Manager and it leads the whole EPC function for Australia. This role has project execution and procurement direct reports and will work closely with the wider development and engineering teams as well as being a key lead for external EPC contractors. This senior position provides value by ensuring the performance and cost effectiveness of EPC contractors across the Australian solar development projects.
• Leading the competitive negotiation and selection of EPC contractors for Australian solar development projects;
• Ensuring that global procurement policies and practices are instilled in the local processes;
• Lead and manage the local EPC team;
• Working with the project execution teams to ensure project targets and deliverables are being met;
• Ensure the delivery of EPC contractors and participate in any necessary disputes;
• Oversee OHS implementation and procedure in projects;
• Deliver regular accurate reporting on works and present as necessary to a range of audiences;
• Tertiary studies in a relevant field;
• Demonstrated understanding and ability of successfully negotiating commercial outcomes in the renewable energy industry;
• An interest in coaching and mentoring other professionals;
• Ability to create strong working relationships with a range of internal and external industry professionals;
• Analytical with sound judgement and the ability to be decisive in pressured situations;
• A creative and entrepreneurial approach to problem solving and driving solutions;
This position can be based in either Melbourne or Sydney with the first preference being for the candidate to be based in Melbourne. Please send your cv through to Rob Byrom.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!