Director Product Management - Bordeaux, France
Director Product Management
Leap29 are working closely with a reputable French company who are operating within the solar energy business. My client designs and delivers smart, innovative and reliable solar tracking systems for ground-mounted utility-scale solar plants, along with tailored engineering support services. The company is made up of highly qualified, inspired professionals driven by a common objective: reduce the cost of the solar kWh and produce clean and competitive energy. French language capability is required for this position.
Main mission of the position:
• Define and animate the product roadmap: definition of the range of products and their evolution, expression of the functionalities, architecture, management of the life cycle of the products, in agreement with the needs of the market and the corporate strategy.
• Master the programs of development of the products and their applications: establishment of the budgets and schedules
• Animate innovation within the company
Main functions, activities and required skills:
Framing / Organization
• Supervision / Organization - Ensure coordination with subsidiaries in its area of expertise: training, transfer of know-how, transfer of best practices, ensure common processes and tools.
• Establishment and management of the activity, associated indicators, in accordance with the company's strategy.
• Participate in the development of the strategic action plan, and decline it on all of its activity.
• Organize the team.
• Planning and resource allocation, outsourcing
• Participation in the development of the training plan for his teams
• Management of the human resources of his team (definition of positions, objectives, control, delegation, motivation, personal development, training, disciplinary measures ...), relying on HR for technical support.
• Recruitment with the agreement of the DG.
• Respect of the associated budgets and the efficiency of the team.
• Member of the management team, role of representation of the company with the teams.
• Coordination with the other members of the management team, going back to the DG points of blockages or needs of arbitration.
• Product Roadmap Manager
• Actively listening to the market in collaboration with the marketing department (prices and functions)
• Definition of product roadmaps (batch definition, value analysis)
• Translation of customer requirements into product technical specifications in collaboration with the R&D department
• Interface with the Programs and validation of the products with regard to customer needs.
• Product follow-up on their complete life cycle, from spec definition to withdrawal from the market (management of product evolution requests ...)
• Support to the marketing department in the definition of sales tools and internal / external communication on products (differentiating criteria, added value ...) Knowledge of products
• Client / project needs analysis,
• Assistance to the seller to guide the customer's choice of technology
• Preparation of specifications in case of special requests
• Verification of the quality of the information provided by the client
• Follow-up of pre-projects during the phases before the contract review
• Writing technical memos
• Definition of the areas of responsibility
• Participation in the drafting of offers (use of the cost file, constitution of tender response files)
• Risk measurement of the commitments of the offer (planning, performance, cost) with the Operations
• Preparation of contract reviews with Operations Knowledge of products
• Participation in fairs, workshops, conferences, seminars to present and highlight products and society.
• Participation in referencing at major accounts,
• Coordination of technical information exchanges with key accounts Partners
• Participation in the qualification and selection of Partners,
• Training and follow-up of the qualifications of the partners in collaboration with the Operations.
• Respect of the various instructions of the QHSE service
• Sorting of waste
• Product storage
• No spills of chemicals on the ground or on the sewer Warning
• Knowledge of environmental guidelines
• Respect of the safety instructions established by the management and the QHSE department
• Respect of the company's rules of procedure
If you are interested and suitable for this opportunity, please send your cv through to Rob Byrom.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!