Project Manager Utility Scale Solar - Napoli, Italy
Leap29 are working with a world class EPC company for Utility Scale Solar to fill an urgent role for Project Manager. The position will be site based during construction however at all other times can be based from home. You will be part of the construction team and will manage a portfolio of key client projects. You will work with the design and engineering team, a team of engineers, the finance team and the project director as well as with the subcontractors, equipment suppliers and developers to ensure that the project is completed on time and to a high standard. This position will have 3 direct reports.
Position responsibilities and specification:
• Managing a project from inception to completion, ensuring that it is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
• Undertake site surveys to establish local conditions which impact design, as well as researching local supply costs for inclusion in the project budget
• Work with the design & engineering team to review all project documents and information provided by a client/developer and throughout the design process
• Work with the project director to prepare a detailed project budget, which needs to be closely monitored throughout the life of the project
• Develop a detailed programme of works (PoW) to track progress
• Preparation of suppliers' and subcontractors' contracts
• Manage and supervise site engineers & subcontractors PoW and scope
• Ensure appropriate availability and allocation of resources
• Preparation of daily, weekly and monthly progress reports both internally and for our clients
• Manage project implementation activities, ensuring QHSE standards are met
• Perform risk assessments on the project and proactively solve any matters encountered on site in conjunction with the site Engineer (escalating to the project director if required)
• Report to the project director any deviations from the PoW, budget or scope
• Manage the relationship with the client, suppliers and subcontractors, as well as internal teams
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Handover of the project to the internal O&M team
• (measurable value of progress - setting targets)Managing a project from inception to completion, ensuring that it is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
• Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, mechanical or civil engineering or other. MSc is considered an advantage
• Certification in project management e.g. MBA / PMP / PRINCE II is considered an advantage
• Knowledge Requirements (Technical Competencies):Electrical/Mechanical/Civil Engineering
• Proven track record in the construction of solar parks with a minimum of 3 - 5 years' experience in large scale solar parks (minimum 15MW) in EPC companies
• PMP / PRINCE II
• Working knowledge of MS Project
• Working knowledge of MS Office
• Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
• Languages: Italian & English essential (bilingual proficiency level)
• EU driving licence
If you you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, please send your cv through to Rob Byrom.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!