Manager, Data Engineering - Singapore, Singapore
Job Title: Manager of Data Engineering
Start Date: As per notice period
Salary: Market Competitive
I am seeking a talented candidate to offer support for one of my clients as a Manager within the Data Analytics space. My client is one of the BIG 4 consultancies and has a fantastic reputation for providing an excellent work environment, and opportunities to their employees to grow and develop.
As part of the Data and Analytics team of Financial Services Consulting practice you will work with multi-disciplinary teams to support clients in a wide range of big data initiatives aiming to generate and present new, useful and actionable insights.
• Participationin large-scale client engagements.
• Contributiontowards, or even leading, the delivery of innovative and engaging big data solutions.
• Understanding of business and technical requirements, provision of subject matter expertise, and implementation of big data engineering techniques.
• Conducting of data discovery activities, performing root cause analysis, and making recommendations for the remediation of data quality issues.
• Putting into practice good organizational and time management skills, with theability to prioritize and complete multiple complex projects under tightdeadlines.
• Bachelor or Master's degree in computer science, Engineering, or other related fields.
• Minimally 5 years of relevant experience
• Understanding or even practical experience of handling and manipulating semi-structured and unstructured data.
• Deep understanding of big data technology, concepts, tools, features, functions and benefits of different approaches available.
• Ability to deploy, manage, and administer Hadoop-based components.
• Ability to design, build, install, configure and support Hadoop-based applications.
• Experience with one of Java, C#or C++.
• Hands-on experience with HiveQL.
• Familiarity with data ingestion tools such as Kafka, Flume and Sqoop.
• Knowledge of hadoop related workflow/scheduling tools such as Oozie.
• Understanding of data modeling (ER models) techniques.
• Experience with investigating and handling data quality issues.
• Minimum 1-5 years hands-on experience in two (2) or more of the above areas.
Ideally, you'll also have
• Design and implementation experience of data models in physical form in one (or more) of the leading RDBMS platforms such as SQL Server, Oracle, IBMDB2/Netezza, Teradata, etc.
• Experience with Business Intelligence or statistical analysis tools and techniques.
• Strong communication and business relationship skills to effectively explainanalysis, both verbally and in writing, to others and translate analysis into a clear business plan.
If this is of interest to you, please send your CV t o email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you know anyone for this role, please send their details across for me.
All the best and good luck!
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!