Solar EPC Project Director - Santiago, Chile
Leap29 have a fantastic opportunity which is available on behalf of an EPC Contractor, who target Utility scale Solar Photovoltaic and Battery Storage construction projects on a global scale. The Project Director oversees all Project Managers and Construction activities. This position will report directly to the General Manager of LATAM who is located in Europe.
• Overseeing a team of Project Managers for numerous projects across Chile
• Overseeing Contractual Management and secures all contractual obligations are satisfied
• Reviews the Execution Study and ensures the execution of the Project according to the Agreed time schedule, the Execution Study and the Approved Budget
• Intervenes and provides solutions in case of time deviations
• Plans and oversee all installation activities
• Keeps records of the scheduled/non-scheduled activities
• Keep construction logs and report on daily activities
• Manages Execution Deviations in cooperation with the Engineering department.
• Ensures the execution of the Projects within the budget
• Ensure that the budget does not suffer unnecessary costs and updates/warns
• Ensures that all Project Team members (project managers, engineers, staff) are doing their job properly
• Allocate workload and supervise staff
• Identify resources to perform installation or supply activities
• Oversees RFQ for 3rd party Suppliers-Subcontractors per the Approved Design
• Keeps record of all 3rd party activities
• Check and approves (or not) invoices received from 3rd parties
• Monitor expenses and control the budget of the project
• Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
• Oversees health and safety policies are complied with local Rules and regulations
• Ensure permits are up to date
• Ensure compliance of the activities with local rules and regulations
• Updates staff contracts and selects personnel
• Evaluate personnel technical knowledge and intervene by proposing specific training to cover technical aspects
• Schedule training of the staff to secure that the technical level is high
• Create regular monthly/quarterly/yearly reports
• Oversees the Materials Management
• Updates Server files and keeps electronic backup of all the activities
• Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
• Use appropriate verification techniques to manage day to day activities
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks
• Cooperates with Legal Advisor for employment issues, and local contracts
• Education Requirements: Bachelors degree preferably in Engineering (Civil or Electrical)
• Language requirements: Spanish & English
• Technical Competencies): AutoCAD, MS Office, MS Project
• Preferred Work Experience: At least 5 years in Solar PV or Wind Energy for the Chilean market and 10+ years of overall EPC experience.
• Experience as Project Director
• Other (qualifications, certifications, professional memberships etc.): PV plant Construction, Interconnection and Permitting Procedures, Contractual management, Personnel management
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the relevant experience as a Project Manager for Solar Photovoltaic projects, please send your cv through to Rob Byrom.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!