Country Director & Owners Representative Solar - Manila, Philippines
Leap29 have a fantastic opportunity which is available in The Philippines on behalf of a European company who develop, finance build and operate renewable energy power plants. This position will report to the COO of APAC and VP for Business Development. In coordination with other specialist teams, the Country Director will be responsible for managing all aspects in relation to delivery of these projects in coordination with the local team of our investment partner. This is an owners representative role where you will be involved, as supervisor or leader in all key workstreams of the projects from development to financial close, through construction and operations. You will act as the representative in the Philippines.
• Lead investments in the Philippines, manage risks and maximize value
• Ensure delivery of existing projects, through development, procurement, financing, construction and operations
• Manage / supervise all contracts in relation with our investments.
• High contracts literacy: ability to understand, manage and negotiate multiple complex contracts (PPA, equipment supply and construction, financing, …)
• Manage all financial matters in relation with investment: accounts, budgets, financing. Build reporting, budget and performance monitoring tools
• Manage all corporate matters in relation with investment
• Work in good intelligence and close collaboration with local partner
• Represent the business with all stakeholders including local partner, banks, public authorities
• Solid power / renewable energy experience backed by strong financial / investments background
• Project management experience in the Philippines and internationally
• Draft detailed request for proposals, select and coordinate advisors and contractors
• Manage all projects / company related information and documentation
• Excellent presentation and communication skills; capability to produce quality reports and presentations to synthesize results and help management decisions
• Coordinate and report effectively with management and technical teams overseas
• Minimum 7-10 years of relevant experience in power / renewable energy investments and financial / project management
• Track record in delivering power projects from development through procurement, construction, financing, and operations
• Very hands on individual, with entrepreneurial mindset and strong sense of ownership. Capable to work independently and do what is required from menial to strategic tasks to meet deadlines and deliver value
• Methodological, process and detail oriented; ability to conceive and implement methodology and processes to improve the performance of an organization
• Ability to travel to sites, across Philippines including residency permit
• Strong command of Microsoft Office
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity and are happy to be based in the Philippines, please send your cv through to Rob Byrom.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!