Senior Automation Engineer-Birmingham, UK
We are looking for a Senior Automation Engineer to assist the project team with technical automation for the design, engineering and construction of a pharmaceutical facility.
• Provide automation-engineering support for complex process engineering projects.
• Develop automation User Requirements Specifications (URS) based on customer needs.
• Actively collaborate with the process design and project teams to support execution of successful project studies.
• Develop the design and specifications for DCS, PLC and SCADA based process control systems.
• Develop the design of process control and automation systems in compliance with cGMP, GAMP, related industry standards and customer requirements.
• Collaborate with client counterparts to develop control systems concepts, architectures and control platforms as applied to the project.
• Identify, qualify and collaborate with third party system integrators as necessary to support project and company business objectives.
• Prepares or reviews construction budgets based on experience and scope of project.
• Promotes use of and participates in development of company design and production standards
• Support business development for process automation design and implementation. Assist in proposals, estimates, presentations, and other sales and marketing documents.
• Assist process engineering development of P&ID's and process control requirements as well as Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS).
• Work with end users and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) to coordinate application of automation products.
• Perform automation related job functions as assigned, including, I/O lists, Instrumentation lists and the specification of instrumentation and control element.
• Support risk assessments, including SIL, LOPA and HAZOP.
• Travel to client sites to support projects and business objectives.
• Support IQ/OQ development and participate in systems analysis, validation and verification.
• Extensive and diversified engineering experience with in-depth knowledge of industry requirements and applications within the Process automation industry.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering - ME/EE/Automation/Manufacturing - or equivalent degree from an accredited university.
• Significant experience with industrial process control system including DCS, PLC and SCADA based systems.
• Significant years of experience with Pharmaceutical process instrumentation.
• Experience with the development of control system network architectures.
• Experienced with the interpretation of P&ID drawings.
• Experience with the development of cGMP and GAMP automation lifecycle documents.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and presence to deal effectively with senior-level contacts.
• Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!