Head of Accounting
Position: Head of Accounting
Based in: Paris
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
Head of Accounting
Reporting to: Finance Manager - AMEC
OFFICE LOCATION: France
Our client is a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services for the evolving energy industry, with over 80 nationalities across more than 30 countries. Everywhere they operate, people are inspired to develop new ways of working and adapt to the changing energy industry.
They provide project management, engineering, and construction expertise across the full field lifecycle. These services are delivered within three operational business units: Subsea and Conventional, Life of Field, and Renewables and Heavy Lifting.
Within Africa, Middle East & Caspian region (AMEC), they safely execute Subsea and Conventional projects which connect seabed wellhead infrastructures to surface facilities such as platforms and floating production systems. They are actively present in a significant number of countries in Africa, Europe, Caspian Sea, Middle East and Asia.
DESCRIPTION OF FUNCTION
- Maintaining accounting records in compliance with local and Group regulations to ensure accurate and timely Group and local financial reporting.
- Monitoring the compliance tasks to guarantee high internal control standards.
- Organising the allocation of tasks and the resources management within a team of 4 accountants.
- Scope: 4 French entities, technical support to Region.
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded and reported in accordance with Group consolidation accounting principles.
- Ensure that French accounting ledger is efficiently run in accordance with Group policies and local requirements and legislation.
- Prepare all tax returns on a timely basis in accordance with French regulations.
- Organize, run and monitor closing process monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Respond to internal and external auditors in a timely manner and provide resolution to problems.
- Guarantee the correct and efficient application of Group internal control procedures, during monthly closing process and more generally.
- Select, recruit, train and develop accounting staff.
- Maintain work organization and propose adjustments when necessary in line with internal control procedures (segregation of duties).
- Maintain staff performance and propose compensation adjustments in accordance with business guidelines.
- Run the performance management system to clearly identify staff development needs.
- The Head of Accounting is the adequate correspondent to the SAP super users, for system improvements.
- Provide one-off accounting support to Region entities in the areas of intercompany accounting, ledger maintenance, equity reconciliations, or any other technical accounting subject.
- With authorities, governmental bodies and companies falling within the field of responsibility
- External auditors
- Regional management
- Regional cost control departments
- Group & Regional Tax Manager
- Other Group entities
- Internal auditors
- This position requires a Master degree in accounting with over 10 years of experience with French statutory accounting and taxation.
- Holder of French DSCG (Diplome Supérieur de Comptabilité et Gestion) or DESCF
- Knowledge of IFRS standards.
- Management skills and experience as a team-leader.
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills.
- Fluent English is required.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!