Advanced Design Analysis - Structural Engineer – Perth / Western Australia
Duration: 12 Month to Indefinite Contract Role or Permanent hire option
Working Week: Standard 40 hour / week – OT beyond 40 hours
Location: Perth CBD – Residential Role
Rate: AUD / Hour (Inclusive of superannuation)
A boutique engineering consultancy with a real family feel specializing in mechanical and structural engineering for bulk material handling systems. They have over four offices across Australia and a total of around 50 engineers working for them company wide.
They really value their employees and offer excellent careers prospects; they have a stable consistent workload and are considerate to the candidates personal situation.
This isn’t the type of EPCM in Perth that rapidly ramp up and down.
Structural engineer based in the Perth office. Working within a team of senior structural and mechanical engineers to deliver complex analysis studies and detailed design models. There will also be a site visits for physical investigations – estimated 5 days per month.
The client’s main area of focus is bulk materials handling machines, systems and structures. Typically work for large mining companies for their mines and ports as well as sustaining capital and major project groups.
The client will provide appropriate training, mentoring and guidance to complete projects and build up your professional skills and experience over time.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience (Post Qualification)
• Degree qualified (Structural Engineering/Civil Engineering)
• Experienced in a technical engineering role working on the design and analysis of heavy steel structures used in mining or heavy industry.
• Experienced working within Australian standards.
• Previous experience working on Finite Element Analysis
• Experienced in working on large, industrial mechanical assets.
• Knowledge of the following standards is advantageous
AS4324.1 – Mobile equipment for continuous handling of bulk materials, general requirements for the design of steel structures
AS4100 – Steel Structures, and subordinate standards
AS1418 – Crane series
A1170 – Structural Design Actions series
BS7608 – Guide to fatigue design and assessment of steel products
• Experience in Bulk material handling machines associated to the mining industry is an advantage but not essential
• Interpersonal skills for interacting with team members and clients
• Report writing and communication skills
• Site exposure and industry experience
• Ideally experienced in the following software platforms: Strand7, Nastran, FEMAP and Matlab
An indefinite (open ended contract role) or staff salary engagement
Good hourly rates/monthly pay
OT Pay for work beyond 40 hours per week
A flexible working environment that fosters initiative for engineers
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!