Lead Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer - Leiden, Netherlands
Role: Sr EI&A Engineer
Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Duration: 6 months renewable contract
• Takes the Lead E&I discipline role on projects, responsible for monitoring and reporting on progress, supervising a small team on his project in terms of delivery, quality and progress;
• Writes scope of work for electrical design based on preliminary review and meetings with the client;
• Prepares engineering studies and schematic design for new systems and analyzes operation of existing systems;
• Works with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required;
• Creates specialized drawings such as electrical single line diagrams;
• Provides designs for own projects and produces sketches to incorporate in drawings by drafters;
• Researches design options and documents findings for Projects;
• Ensures that drawings and designs are in accordance with company production and design standards;
• Ensures that designs are executed in compliance with client standards;
• Interacts with other Departments and disciplines including: Process / HVAC / Piping / EHS / C&Q / Procurement.
Skills & experience preferences
Ideal candidates would have the following attributes:
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant electrical experience in an engineering consultancy;
• Appropriate qualification in Electrical Engineering;
• General knowledge of electrical system design and applicable codes;
• Advanced MS office computer skills;
• Dutch/English bilingual ability preferred;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills;
• Flexible, driven team player with good interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude;
• Result-oriented, customer-focused.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!