Contract Manager Wind - Paris, France
Leap29 have a fantastic opportunity which is available on behalf of an Independent Power Producer who are active within the wind energy sector across Europe, and also on a global scale. The position which we have available is for Contract Manager for wind farms.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement and Construction, the Contract Manager would provide support to the development teams and the construction teams on wind projects, leading commercial discussions and contractual negotiations with suppliers and service providers.
More specifically, the following activities would be part of the attributions of the Contract Manager:
Negotiation and drafting of the contracts (EPC, TSA, BoP):
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts and contracts' evolutions starting
from the commercial proposal; Ensuring consistency of the contract clauses.
• Mapping of risks and risk allocation (PPA vs EPC, regulatory, commercial and
financial risks…) and structuring of contracts to reflect appropriate risk
• Taking charge of procurement required for execution of the project, including
preparation and management of RFP processes up to recommendation of
EPC contract management throughout construction:
• Support operational teams in the interpretation of contractual terms.
• Review and validation of contractual milestones and associated payments.
• Solve problems related to disputes of complaints, bring contracts into
compliance with the latest applicable standards.
• Evaluate opportunities to improve contract performance: generate and
negotiate corresponding amendments.
Management of continuous improvement process:
• Collect feedback from project teams on key missing items / difficulties
encountered on the project.
• Draft and update contractual templates (head of terms, framework contracts,
• Provide insight to the Head of Procurement and Construction on opportunities
to better procurement process.
• Draft and update internal procurement and contractual management
• Ensure adequate use of internal processes across all group subsidiaries.
• Master's Degree in engineering;
• 4+ years-experience in contract negotiations and/or construction management on renewable energy projects, wind specific experience preferred;
• Autonomy, reliability, attention to detail, communication, contract drafting, and problem-solving skills;
• Team player capable of managing interactions in an international context;
• Fluent English and French required, Spanish language is a plus.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity and are available for a January start, please send your cv through to Rob Byrom.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!