O&M Project Manager for Solar Farm Portfolios - Santiago, Chile
Leap29 have a fantastic opportunity which is available to be based in Santiago, as O&M Project Manager to be in charge of a portfolio of solar projects in Chile. The position will commence early April time.
• To organize/arrange resources to perform Maintenance activities (subcontractors, specialized companies, suppliers)
• To support Regional O&M Director for recruitment of local O&M personnel and startup of local O&M departments
• To support Regional O&M Director to budget and to keep track of it
• To liaise with the engineering team and give input in order to create white lists of suppliers
• To liaise with the engineering and construction team in technical aspects that come up during the operational phase
• To watch out the H&S regulations applied in every project
• To liaise with H&S team at any fault raised as a H&S hazard at the projects
• To cooperate with H&S team in order to fix issues raised during the H&S audits carried out annually
• To have knowledge of the contracts (EPC and O&M)
• To manage single or a portfolio of solar projects, ensuring that all O&M activities are undertaken in accordance with the agreed contractual scope
• To chase O&M subcontractors or O&M teams to address any failures/downtimes the soonest possible in order to ensure guaranteed project KPI's (PR and Availability)
• To manage (open/close/update) fault tickets, keeping contractual obligations
• To liaise with the project Clients (especially the Client AM), organizing regular update calls
• To respond to any issues for the sites raised by the project Clients (operational or non-operational)
• To assist Operations Manager for implementation of O&M reports (monthly, yearly)
•Το liaise with Regional Account teams for invoices acceptance/ confirmation, contracts amendments/preparation, services, materials delivery confirmation.
• To liaise with grid operators in case of failures/scheduled outages for the projects
• To check at least two times daily the projects' operation via the monitoring system
• To work on the FAC punch lists of the project and pursue the FAC certificate.
• To negotiate with the clients the FAC defects trying to minimize company's exposure, to discuss and seek advice from Legal department for this purpose
• To chase up the release of WC/PAC/FAC retentions from the clients
• To schedule WC/PAC/FAC SL outstanding works for projects that had reached WC/PAC/FAC
• To seek quotations from at least 2-3 subcontractors for the works to be performed on site, especially related to FAC/PAC Punch lists
• To expand the database of our contractors by making new collaborations after searching for new contractors
• To check that the projects are built in accordance to the Planning Permissions
• To ensure that the guidelines set up by the BMP of the projects are followed
• Perform the Spare Parts Management
• Update Server files and keep electronic backup of all the activities
• A high level of English language capability is essential
• Degree Electrical Engineering
• Minimum 4 years proven track record in Management of O&M contractors or/and O&M engineers of operational solar projects
• Experience with budget preparation and management
• Highly organised with attention to detail to meet deadlines
If you are interested in this position, and have a high level of English language capability, please send your cv through to Rob Byrom.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!