Senior Business Development Manager Solar - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
My client are driving solar PV adoption in frontier solar markets in Asia. Their activities stretch across Asia with an operating project portfolio of 40MW and over 300MW under development. We see opportunity where others see challenges and focus on delivering the best technology for each country.
To support the company's growth in the region for the business development and implementation of solar projects across Asia, my client are looking for a suitable candidate for a Business Development Manager position in Kuala Lumpur.
The key objective is to contribute to the company's growth for the commercial and industrial as well as large scale solar market in Malaysia expanding and delivering a high-quality project pipeline with Fortune 1000 companies for on-site solar PV projects and leading development of 100MW of ground mounted projects.
• Reporting to CEO and Head of C&I
• Origination of new C&I solar projects with Fortune 1000 companies
• Leading the closing of project opportunities with PPA
• Lead development of large scale solar projects under LSS
• Leading setup and negotiation for strategic partnerships in Malaysia
• Lead preparation of commercial offers for clients and Energy Commission
• Key account management during project delivery and operation
• Lead sales pipeline management
• Heavy travel within Malaysia and region expected
• Graduate degree in business, engineering or the sciences, under- graduate degree in engineering preferred
• Minimum 5 years of working experience in industrial sales, business development or related function
• Strong network among Fortune 500/1000 companies within Malaysia
• Must be fluent English and Malay (written and spoken)
• Excellent skills in MS Excel and PowerPoint
• Passion for renewable energy and an entrepreneurial mindset are greatly appreciated
If you are interested in this position, please send your cv through to Rob Byrom. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!