Project Manager Utility Scale Solar PV - Antofagasta, Chile
Leap29 have a fantastic opportunity which is available on behalf of an EPC Contractor, who target large utility scale solar photovoltaic projects on a global scale. The Project Manager is the main Administrator of the project and oversees all construction activities, allocates and coordinates internal and external resources, (engineers, suppliers, subcontractors, etc) for the flawless, on-time and on-budget execution of the Projects. This role will involve reporting to the client and ensuring that all contractual requirements are in place, and the role will report back to the EPC Director.
• Performs Contractual Management and secures all contractual obligations are satisfied
• Reviews the Execution Study and ensures the execution of the Project according to the Agreed time schedule, the Execution Study and the Approved Budget
• Intervenes and provides solutions in case of time deviations
• Plans and oversee all installation activities on daily/weekly/monthly basis
• Keeps records of the scheduled/non-scheduled activities
• Keep construction logs and report on daily activities
• Manages Execution Deviations in cooperation with the Engineering department.
• Ensures the execution of the Project within the budget
• Ensure that the budget does not suffer unnecessary costs and updates/warns
• Ensures that all Project Team members (engineers, staff) are doing their job properly
• Allocate workload and supervise staff
• Identify resources to perform installation or supply activities
• Conducts RFQ for 3rd party Suppliers-Subcontractors per the Approved Design
• Keeps record of all 3rd party activities
• Check and approves (or not) invoices received from 3rd parties
• Monitor expenses and control the budget of the project
• Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
• Ensure health and safety policies are complied with local Rules and regulations
• Ensure permits are up to date
• Ensure compliance of the activities with local rules and regulations
• Updates staff contracts and selects personnel
• Evaluate personnel technical knowledge and intervene by proposing specific training to cover technical aspects
• Schedule training of the staff to secure that the technical level is high
• Create regular monthly/quarterly/yearly reports
• Performs the Materials Management
• Updates Server files and keeps electronic backup of all the activities
• Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
• Use appropriate verification techniques to manage day to day activities
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks
• Cooperates with Legal Advisor for employment issues, and local contracts
• Education Requirements: Bachelors degree preferably in Engineering (Civil or Electrical)
• Language requirements: Spanish & English
• Technical Competencies): AutoCAD, MS Office, MS Project
• Preferred Work Experience: At least 4 years in PM position in Solar PV or Construction Industry, knowledge of the Chilean market is a plus
• Other (qualifications, certifications, professional memberships etc.): PV plant Construction, Interconnection and Permitting Procedures, Contractual management, Personnel management
This position will be based in the office but will require visiting the site on a weekly basis, for the projects which exceed 30MW. Reporting in to this role will be Site Managers, QA/QC staff, Environmental and Permitting staff, Interconnection staff and Health & Safety staff.
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the relevant experience as a Project Manager for Solar Photovoltaic projects, please send your cv through to Rob Byrom.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!