Country Manager for Solar & Battery Storage Project Development - Warszawa, Poland
Leap29 have a fantastic opportunity which is available, on behalf of a leading Solar energy and Battery Storage company, who are active through the full project lifecycle, from development through to construction and then operations and asset management. This company is the projects division of a reputable Investment bank, and the company have a team of some of the most highly experienced professionals in the business.
Our client are dedicated on being a market leader with a reputation of delivering high quality assets as well as the solution to achieving a net-zero future. The team possess a skillset from all stages of the project lifecycle.
The position which we are seeking to fill is for Country Manager and will be focused on Greenfield Solar and Battery Storage project development for the Poland market. The position will work closely with development partners and you will coordinate the delivery of projects from early stages of development through to financial close. You will be responsible for ensuring that a high level of standards and policies are incorporated into all of the projects and you will be the day to day point of contact.
The role will include input on project decision making and the day to day management and administration of a pipeline of projects. This includes working with partners, contractors, stakeholders, landowners, external consultants, network operations, government entities and local councils.
Additional responsibilities will include:
• Overseeing all project portfolio operations
• Developing a strong working relationships with development partners
• Monitoring the project development process to ensure that all applicable AB&C, WHSE and risk management processes are followed
• Managing any specialist third party advisors
• Evaluating new renewable energy project opportunities and completing initial due diligence assessments and advising if it is appropriate to invest in projects
• Regular reporting to internal stakeholders on project development progress, issues and advising on risks and project optimisation
• Working with the construction team in preparation for projection construction, during handover and also providing assistance during the construction process
To be successful in this role, you will need to bring:
• A relevant university degree, with qualifications in environmental science, engineering, law or finance
• 10 years+ experience in renewable energy or power projects with a strong track record in project development
• A deep understanding of the renewable energy sector (including technical elements) in Poland including grid connection process, environmental approvals process, auction process, market regulation and local conditions
• A strong understanding of grid and environmental issues, to enable assessment of projects' characteristics and risks
• Knowledge of the regulations and administrative/legal frameworks applicable to development, construction and operation of PV and other renewable projects in Poland
• Experience of managing and implementing project risk frameworks and compliance programmes
• Fluent in spoken and written English and Polish as a minimum, additional languages will be positively viewed
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, please send your cv through to Rob Byrom.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!