Construction Project Manager for Solar Development Portfolios - London, United Kingdom
Leap29 have a fantastic opportunity which is available, on behalf of a leading solar energy and storage company, who are active through the full project lifecycle, from development through to construction and then operations and asset management. This company is the projects division of a reputable Investment bank, and the company have a team of some of the most highly experienced professionals in the business.
Our client are dedicated on being a market leader with a reputation of delivering high quality assets as well as the solution to achieving a net-zero future. The team possess a skillset from all stages of the project lifecycle.
The role as Construction Project Manager will require a candidate who has the construction and technical site based expertise but also good knowledge and experience around the development and commercial aspects which are required to of successfully deliver the project. Your responsibility will be from signing of contract, to commercial operations and handover to the asset management and operations stage. You will be responsible for maintaining the highest possible standards to deliver the project on time, safely and within budget.
The Construction Project Manager position will be based in London, and will be part of a multidisciplinary team of professionals (M&A, Technical Design, Asset Management) and you will be required to travel across the UK to various sites to meet with the contractors, grid operators, stakeholders and advisors. A track record of delivering complex solar projects and demonstrating expert level of technical, construction and commissioning skills will be required.
• Client point of contact for project and construction to ensure that all contractual obligations are met and the project is delivery successfully and according to plan.
• Overseeing contractors, WHSE team and consultants to deliver the project to the highest standard as well as structuring efficient procedures and processes.
• Contract Management as well as liaising with grid company suppliers, contractors and off-takers.
• Resolving technical and contractual problems in an efficient and timely manner whilst collaborating with external parties.
• Site visits before construction and during construction to ensure project quality and feasibility.
• Liaising with project stakeholders, board directors, financiers and other stakeholders and providing regular reporting.
• Working with the development and transactions team to provide an input to support contract negotiations (O&M, EPC, Equipment Supply) in pre-construction phases and contributing to project designs and technology selection.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in the Project Management and Construction of solar or large scale renewable energy projects, combined with a strong understanding of the development phases and process, such as permitting and grid connection.
A Degree in Engineering or a relevant technical discipline will be required for this role with the first preference being an Electrical Engineering Degree. Additional language capabilities will be an additional bonus, as my client have projects across Europe.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, with a market leader, then please send your cv through to Rob Byrom.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!