Structural Engineer - Rotterdam, Netherlands
Role: Structural Engineer
Duration: 12 months renewable contract
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
• Prepare reports with design a verification calculation for all structural works within Scope, Budget and Schedule;
• Develop various concepts for design and advice on the most suitable solution for the problem;
• Verification of drawings to ensure that these match with engineering performed;
• Initiate and document good engineering practices, tools and departmental standards;
• First point of contact during construction and fabrication of the designed items;
• Managing design and verification works at subcontractor engineering firms;
• Perform as mentor for Junior Engineers. Typical Deliverables: Global Hull Analyses,
• Sea fastening analyses and designs, Lifting point verification, Global strength verifications of Jackets and Topsides, On Bottom Stability analyses, Strongpoint verifications, Deck load diagrams etc. etc. Job requirements A pragmatic and solution-oriented engineer with an eye to safety and. In the role of Structural Engineer, you will be able to rely on your technical affinity and experience to make a stable contribution to our team. You understand the dynamics of the contracting world, you are a team player who finds it easy to switch between the client, the crew of a vessel, external stakeholders and colleagues. In addition, you will have:
• Generating concept, basic and detail design for the primary steel of various wind turbine foundations such as jackets, tripods, gravity base foundations & monopiles (MP);
• Designing transition pieces (TP) for the various wind turbine foundation types;
• Performing the necessary design analyses and studies with accompanying reports;
• Able to perform independently complex global analyses for load-out-, transport-, lift-, on-bottom stability-, in-place-, fatigue-, natural frequency-, WTG load iteration-, foundation (pile)-, dynamic-, push over/redundancy- and vessel impact conditions as well as the detailed verifications of welds, grout connections, wave slamming, vortex induced vibrations etc. of the substructures;
• Recognized MSc or BSc Degree in Marine, Mechanical, Aerospace or Civil engineering;
• 4+ years of experience;
• Practical Offshore experience; Renewable energy experience
• Strong analytical skills;
• Clear presenting skills;
• Problem solver;
• Able to write Basis of Design, Design Briefs and specifications;
• Strong insight on constructability;
• Familiar with ANSYS, FEMAP, SACS and Mathcad;
• Additional programming skills are a pre;
• Fluent in English on Academic level, written and verbal. Preferably also in Dutch.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!