Senior Project Development Manager Solar & Wind - Spain
Leap29 have a fantastic opportunity which is available on behalf of a large global energy producer who are reinforcing their development and origination team in Spain. One of the roles which they are seeking to fill is a Senior Project Development Manager for their Solar & Wind energy activities:
• Identify and originate project development opportunities
• Grow a pipeline of solar PV and Wind projects throughout Spain;
• Lead the full development of the projects until they reach the ready to build status;
• Perform technical/financial due diligence assessments, lead deal structuring and handle commercial negotiations with local developers for greenfield development;
• Manage relationships with authorities, grid operators, regulators, market operators and other relevant stakeholders;
• Manage the full process of permitting and authorizations requested;
• Manage the grid connection process;
• Land prospection and land lease agreements negotiation with land owners;
• Coordination of the technical studies required to file the different authorizations to build and operate solar and wind farms;
• Prospection of possible local partnership to support the development;
• Support in the origination of Corporate PPAs and in the preparation of commercial and technical offers for clients;
• Project Tender participations coordination;
• Manage and interact with different external providers;
• Project planning, budget definition and follow up
The ideal candidate will have/ be:
• At least 8-10 years of experience in greenfield development in Spain (including land securing, securing interconnection, permitting process, etc.);
• AutoCAD, Google Earth and similar cartography tools knowledge;
• Demonstrated understanding working with solar PV and Wind technologies and costs;
• Knowledge of the electricity market in Spain, including but not limited to interaction with grid operators (REE and distribution companies), knowledge of the Spanish regulation and development roadmaps;
• Good knowledge of regulatory framework (greenfield and self-consumption) in Spain;
• Good knowledge of the grid and the grid connection process in Spain;
• English and Spanish proficiency (mandatory);
• Good local network with grid operators (REE and distribution companies);
• Initiative spirit;
• Availability and sense of responsibility;
• Good financial and analytical skills (proficiency in Excel is a plus);
• Team work skills;
• Commercial and negotiation skills;
• Availability for national travels through Spain.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your cv's through to Rob Byrom.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!