ESHS Manager - Cameroon
My client is an investment manager with dedicated private equity funds focused on renewable energy investments in Asia and Africa with a project portfolio that includes hydro, solar, wind, geothermal and biomass assets.
They are a hands-on investor and takes an active role in the development, construction
and operations of its investments and is actively seeking to expand its footprint into other countries.
They are looking to hire an Environmental, Social, health and Safety Manager/Officer based in Cameroon to provide support to the Africa E&S Manager. The successful candidate will provide support mainly to the projects located in Francophone countries.
The E&S Manager/officer will be responsible for overseeing the environmental, social, health and safety performance of the organization. The candidate will examine corporate activities to establish where improvements can be made and ensure compliance with environmental legislation and international standards across the organization.the Manager will:
1. Ensure effective implementation of the Fund's E&S policies and standards.
2. Be responsible for all the project's E&S matters relating to occupational and community health and safety (H&S), human resource requirements, waste management and recycling, pollution prevention control and resource efficiency.
3. Develop the appropriate strategies to address the E&S risks and their potential impacts.
4. Monitor and report on sustainability/E&S performance and progress against the sustainability strategy to both internal and external stakeholders.
5. Maintain an Environmental and Social Management System and Human Resources Policy for all investments and monitor compliance.
6. Ensure timely communication with construction management and operations teams, contractors, third-party consultants and all stakeholders including project lenders, governmental agencies and local communities relating to E&S and permit compliance.
7. Ensure all Contractors environmental and safety documents, project layout and designs are reviewed and ensure they are at a national and international acceptable standard.
8. Carry out important staff training and ensure all members of the workforce (including contractor workforce) recognize and understand their own contributions to improved E&S performance.
9. Ensures that audits and recordkeeping are performed at required frequencies, and that environmental monitoring and pollution prevention and control parameters are in accordance with permits, plans, government regulations, or company requirements.
10. Prepare, compile and present project's environmental and social progress on a monthly and annual basis or as required.
11. Develop E&S policies, programs and associated communication documentation, as necessary.
12. Work closely with project teams to manage the community relations and activities for all investments.
13. Implement and oversee formal grievance mechanism. Undertake complaint documentation, investigation, evaluation, and identification of corrective measures.
14. Negotiate environmental service agreements, track budget and cost control in relation to E&S activities.
If you believe you fit this profile and would like to discuss this role in more detail, please send your CV to email@example.com
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!