Biomass Asset Engineer - London, UK
Our client are a successful fund manager specialising in the renewable energy space in the European market. They have established a reputation for making intelligent, long-term investments that deliver absolute returns.
They are currently seeking a Biomass Asset Engineer to join their Asset Management team in London. Reporting into the Technical General Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing and assessing the performance of the asset managers and plants under their control.
• Educated to Degree level in Engineering subject (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, or similar)
• 5+ years relevant experience
• Construction or Operational management experience (either direct or through asset management)
• Experience in biomass/waste to energy or steam turbine conventional power ideal
• Contract management (EPC, O&M, TCMA) including application of contract clauses, development of contract clauses and review of contracts.
• Awareness of commercial drivers/impacts as a result of decisions and timelines.
• Budgeting development and application
• Understanding of project finance transaction and application in the loan period (i.e requirements to be met by the borrower)
• Dynamic ability to prioritise workload, based on various drivers (for example, health & safety, revenue expectations, plant integrity, value protection)
• Additional European languages are a bonus (Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, German or French)
• Manage the performance of the wind part of the portfolios
• Identify and solve individual plants' issues
• Support the construction of new projects (biomass) through external providers
• Support the Technical General Manager on wind related plant issues, improvements, and projects.
• Coordinate work output from and to internal and external providers (asset managers, developers, legal counsel, technical advisors, contractors, insurance advisors)
• Report internally on asset issues, performance, and impact on the SPV & fund (both internally to the team, and to the Asset Management Committee)
• Report externally as required to investors, lenders, insurance, and regulatory bodies.
• Support the investment team on acquisition, financing, re-finance, and divestment of assets.
• Review of reports and preparation of monthly & quarterly asset management reports.
If you have the desire to be part of a growing team and have the ambition to further your experience, please apply using the links provided. Salary is negotiable dependent on experience.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!