O&M Health & Safety Supervisor for solar farms - Iquique, Chile
Leap29 have a fantastic opportunity which is available on behalf of a European client, who have a strong pipeline of utility scale solar farms in Chile.
The position which we are looking to fill is for a O&M Health and Safety Supervisor and we require a candidate with a strong background of health and safety for construction projects.
• Provide Support to the Site O&M Site Manager
• Project HSE Procedures and Specifications development (incl. development of our RAMS for all Preventive and Corrective maintenance works)
• Review and approval of Subcontractor's HSE Procedures, Specifications, JHA, Work Method Statements, Safe action Plans, etc. (incl. control of the RAMS of the subcontractors) and develop our RAMS for all Preventive and Corrective maintenance works,
• HSE Inspections (Informal Daily Inspections, Weekly Walkthrough, fortnightly formal Inspections, annual HS audit etc)
• HSE specific Training (Excavations, working at height, Confine Spaces, Welding and Cutting
• Supervise all works on site and Permit to Work Management (PTW procedure)
• Record all data for the workers & vehicles (ours or of subcontractors)
• Prepare and keep records of all incident reports
• Arrange for a fire emergency drill for the workers annually
• Prepare reports (CM & PM) when needed to assist O&M Site Manager
• Keep records of all 3rd party activities on site
• Check invoices received from 3rd parties
• Update ticketing system for work orders
• Identify resources (suppliers/specialized companies) for the performance of Maintenance
• Waste Management control
• Environmental Monitoring control
• Check pre-qualification questionnaire (PQQs) from our subcontractors/suppliers to produce a short list of the most appropriate vendors for the project
•Η&S training (preferably of Engineering background)
• Minimum 3 years proven track record acting as H&S supervisor in Construction or Maintenance of solar projects
• Experience in O&M of solar projects desirable
• H&S training of 60hrs (basic) or 300hrs (intermediate)
• First aider
• Training for using a defibrillator
• Fire fighting training
• Spanish native Speaker - Excellent knowledge of English (Verbal & Writing)
• Position 100% on field (Atacama)
• Direct reports: QHSE Manager
My client would be keen to secure a candidate to commence employment in early February. Please send your cv through to Rob Byrom.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!