Manager of Contracts & Project Management Anaerobic Digestion - Kingston Upon Hull, United Kingdom
Manager of Contracts & Senior Project Management - Dry Anaerobic Digestion plant
Leap29 have a fantastic opportunity which is available to be based in Hull to oversee the Contracts and Project Management of a Dry Anaerobic Digestion plant. The position will require a candidate with biomass, energy from waste or anaerobic digestion plant experience, in which candidates who have worked on dry anaerobic digestion plants will be highly regarded. Following the Anaerobic Digestion plant will also be a Waste-To-Energy plant, again based in Hull and the duration of the projects would be 3 years in total.
• Assisting with the production and pricing of major contracts and input into the tender process.
• Carrying out reviews of tenders from a project risk perspective
• Carrying out commercial / contract review of potential contracts to ensure that all commercial and project aspects have been reviewed.
• Perform initial contract review and ensure that all contracts are correctly managed from the tender phase to the execution phase successfully.
• Carrying out a risk review of the project at every stage and proceeding to keep this risk review / register live and updated throughout the life of the project to ensure all potential issues are covered.
• Project kick off and setting up the project within business systems, including the control and set up of documentation required to support the project. This includes project quality and project health and safety requirements.
• Responsible for creation and maintaining of the project schedule, including creating and managing project plans, and reviewing with internal and external resources as required.
• Liaising with contractors and sub-contractors, including site personnel when required to ensure that the requirements are met.
• Responsible for internal project and financial reviews with management and finance to ensure key project milestones and costs and budget are being achieved.
• Liaising with different resources within the Operations and Control departments to ensure
• Engineering activities, Purchasing and other activities are carried out on the specific projects.
• Liaising with all suppliers and carrying out project reviews with sign off.
Purpose of the job:
• To ensure that multiple projects are managed, executed and delivered in accordance with clients requirements, in particular with regard to Time, Quality and Cost from conception to completion.
• Once a development is identified as a project and the budget has been agreed, the Contracts Manager is expected to look after all aspects of the project from conceptual design, by engaging external consultants and managing the process through the tendering process to contract award. A project manager will then be responsible for delivering the project through construction to completion and operation of the site whilst reporting to the contract's manager.
• The Contracts Manager is expected to provide guidance and leadership to the team, through all aspects of the project and be the point of contact both internally and externally.
• Key deliverables will include regular monitoring of the project status including, budget, timeline, contractual issues, engagement of external consultants, interaction with governing bodies and monitoring the health and safety.
• The Contracts Manager may be expected to handle multiple projects simultaneously and ensure that that reviews are carried out, including financial, risk and contract reviews as required and escalate when needed to the Senior Management Team.
• The candidate will ideally be educated to degree level in an engineering discipline or recognised project management qualification.
• The candidate should be Chartered or working towards chartership of a recognised body.
• Experience in the design and construction of biomass, energy from waste plants and anaerobic digestion plants would be a distinct advantage.
• A sound knowledge of project management practice
• The preparation and implementation of engineering contracts
• An understanding of health and safety practice in the construction industry Prepared to travel throughout the UK
The Contracts Manager will report directly to the Leadership team. If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, please send your cv through to Rob Byrom.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!