Country Manager Hybrid Power for Telecoms
Country Manager Hybrid power for telecoms - Yangon, Myanmar
Leap29 have a fantastic opportunity which is available to be based in Myanmar on behalf of a large global European company. The position is for the hybrid power source industry for the telecommunication towers. My client are an international player in the renewable energy sector. The Company produces and sells electricity generated from wind, solar, hydro and biomass power plants; it owns a total installed capacity of 508 MW. They are also a service provider, assisting its investor clients active in renewables at each project stages, from conception to operation & maintenance.
Leap29 are looking for candidates who have experience with the telecommunications industry for hybrid power source. In January 2018 my client were selected for the Energy supply for 171 telecom towers in Myanmar. For this project, power solution is initially be based on hybrid genset solutions with batteries, and solar capacities will be gradually implemented.
The CM will have the following responsibilities:
• For the existing contract, to execute it with the existing team. It may be necessary to adjust the organization and processes to comply with the contractual deliveries. The CM is accountable for the contract P&L
• For a new contract, to design / to adapt the local technical organization required for the execution of the contract(s). The organization includes the roles, the people and the processes. The CM will be accountable for this contract P&L
• To follow up of the activities handled by the local team and all activities related to the subsidiary.
• To identify and develop commercial activities related to the telecom and / or maintenance. In the case a lead has been identified, the CM will work with the presales Telecom Business Unit team in Paris in order to prepare the corresponding offer. The CM may be requested to be active in the following areas: technical analysis of the RFP or business opportunity, construction / validation of the technical solution, construction / validation of the operational plan, participation to technical & commercial discussion with suppliers (equipment and services), participation of any presentation to the prospect. In any case, any proposed sent to prospects must be validated by Headquarters.
• Subsidiary's P&L management or validation
• Human Resources recruiting / management
The ideal candidate will have/ be:
• MSC degree; MBA a plus
• At least 10 years of experience of O&M in the telecom sector
• ASEAN or/and African experience
• Relevant management experience
• Experience in management of telecom infrastructure deployment operations
• Experience in renewable energy is a plus
• Multi-million US$ P&L management
• Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
• Fluent in English
If you are interested and suitable for this opportunity, please send your cv through to Rob Byrom
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!