Recycling Expert - North London, UK
• Maintain data about collection and recycling market infrastructure and capabilities
• Regularly maintain recycling value chain mapping
• Effectively implement environment activities in line with the company's environmental policy
• Execute market strategy to increase the collection, sorting & baling and recycling of post-consumer beverage cartons
• Drive circular economy activities and engagement and expansion with regulators/politicians, waste management collectors and cooperatives, recycling partners (including paper recyclers and plastics recyclers) and NGOs.
• Secure compliance with local recycling legislation.
• Provide data for reliable accounting and reporting of recycling rates.
• Identify and implement recycling success factors (competitiveness, compliance & brand value) in specific market or markets.
• Work with Waste Management Companies (private and public), recyclers and local authorities on increasing the volumes and improving the quality of collected beverage cartons
• Drive implementation of recycling programs and partnerships with customers, monitor and report carton collection/recycling operations
• Support work on designing new recycling end products to increase its market value
• Manage environmental data collection and reporting systems
• Support with collection/recycling communication and cooperation with internal and external stakeholders
• Coordinate the company's representation in relevant public environmental events, exhibitions, workshops and road shows
• In this position you will have to travel within the region up to 30% of time
• Degree in Environment management and/or Engineering
• 5 years work experience in waste management, collection, sorting and baling or paper mill experience preferred combines with project Management skills
• Knowledge of environment, environment general concepts, recycling value chain and the operational aspects of recycling
Knowledge of local authorities and government policy will be considered as an advantage
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Computer Literate, proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Energetic, pro-active, team-player, creative, able to work independently and quick to take own initiative, results-oriented, able to offer clear and well-argued advice, analytical with strong organization, presentation and communication skills
• Attention to details and a focus on quality are critical, as is the ability to form strong professional relationships with peers, clients and associates
• Able to travel and cover wide range of fieldwork requirements
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!