Project Manager Global Project Business - Melbourne, Australia
Project Manager, Global Project Business
Leap29 are currently assisting a reputable company who specialise in the construction of large-scale solar farms to fill a position for Project Manager for the Global Project Business.
My client is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join their Global Project Business. The ideal candidate will be a confident and highly capable, with strong experience in Project/Construction Management (with focus on solar projects), and a demonstrated ability to effectively provide sound planning and project support, exercise good business judgment, and work with external stakeholders, senior management, other colleagues, customers and regulators, in an international setup. Experience in the solar industry / energy is a must.
The Project Manager will be responsible for a large scale Solar Farm project in, NSW and to coordinate with the investors, lenders, EPC and EPC subcontractors, system hardware suppliers and system integration partners. The Project Manager must be quality conscious with the ability to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment. A team-oriented approach and the ability to work with different personalities and professional styles are essential. Knowledge of applicable codes and regulations, medium/high voltage power systems and Solar PV EPC works is preferred. This position will report directly to the Director EPC - Global Project Business.
• The successful candidate will have responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee project execution to ensure that all systems are installed exactly according to plan and that there are no technical installation errors committed that would decrease system performance or lifespan or cause potential system failure.
• Assist the EPC Contractor in the development of project bill of materials, timelines and budgets. In cases where this work has been completed, review the plans submitted by the EPC to ensure accuracy and feasibility of plans.
• Review all system design and engineering work created by EPC partners and recommend any necessary changes to ensure maximum system performance and reliability as well as the highest possible return on investment.
• Work in conjunction with in-house engineers as well as EPC partners to prepare project-specific system design plans that take into account customer site- and project considerations as well as pertinent local codes and regulations.
• The Project Manager will review load data, site photos and other documentation as well as interact directly customer representatives. Site visits will be required.
• Engage in marketing activities where appropriate and requested, for instance by participating at industry trade shows.
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents. Effectively communicate project expectations to internal and external team members in a timely and clear fashion.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
• Monitors the status of the project to ensure documentation is submitted according to schedule. Reviews and verifies project documents for completeness, format, and compliance with contract requirements.
• Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and are in compliance.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• BS in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical) is required; a Master's degree is preferred.
• Minimum 5+ years' experience as a Project Manager; in solar farm construction is preferred.
• Project Management certificate/diploma is required.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a strong ability to explain complex technical topics and systems.
• The candidate must have superior organizational and administrative skills as well as strong writing, interpersonal, multi-tasking and analytic skills, and the ability to work independently.
• Must also be able to manage and work on multiple tasks under tight deadlines, to write and condense information under hectic circumstances.
• Strong understanding of PV system design, including the proper usage of basic components and conventional installation and interconnection methods.
• Previous experience in cooperating with Project Managers for the delivery of projects.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and project management and PV Industry tools. Proficient in AutoCAD or SolidWorks Cad software is desirable.
• Advantageous to have experience in OHS aspects.
• Strong negotiating skills. Ability to negotiate development rights, contractor engagement, EPC/O&M agreements and other ancillary agreements, etc.
• Solid and effective interpersonal and communication skills (including oral, written and visual).
• Experience engaging with and evaluating equipment vendors and service providers (including engineering firms and EPC contractors). Ability to read & understand electrical, structural, mechanical & architectural drawings.
• Wide knowledge of relevant regulations and standards (e.g., electrical code, building codes, international design standards).
• Strong organizational and time management skills; the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated sound judgment and the ability to prioritize within a deadline driven environment.
• Willingness to travel up to 50% or more of the time.
If you are interested in this position please send your cv through to Rob Byrom, suitable candidates will be contacted.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!