Development Manager for Land Acquisition and Planning - London, United Kingdom
Development Manager (Site Identification, Land Acquisition, Planning and Grid Connection)
Leap29 have a position which is available, for a Development Manager for Utility Scale Solar farms across the UK. The position will involve identifying sites, handling land agreements and the grid application process all the through to the ready for construction stage. This position will involve travelling out to meet farmers and land owners. My client would like a candidate who can be available for a January start.
• Manage projects from origination to shovel ready, including:
-Working with landowners and land agents and their solicitors to secure sites and easements
-Dealing with DNO's / TNOs and ICPs on grid connection applications and design management
-Working with external planning and specialist consultants, planning authorities and stakeholders to obtain consent
• Monitoring and reporting on progress including budgeting and cashflow projections
• Interaction with other professionals within the company to support company wide business development efforts
• Supporting the sales process; dataroom management and Q&A
Skills and Experience:
• Practical and comprehensive understanding of the planning system
• Able to communicate and negotiate effectively with all stakeholders
• Attention to detail
• Project management of consultants and internal specialists
• Relevant experience within the renewable energy sector
• Detailed understanding of land agreements (option to lease, easements etc)
• Grid applications process
• Working with ICPs for cost effective connections
• Site identification
• Reporting, budgeting and cash flow forecasting
• Good IT skills
• Data room preparation and management
• Utility scale solar experience will be an advantage
There will be 2 office locations available for this position, which can be discussed in further detail. If you are interested, please send your cv through to Rob Byrom.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!