Insurance & Reinsurance Associate - Hong Kong, Hong Kong
I am working with a leading UK law firm in Hong Kong who are looking to hire an Associate with 2-3PQE to join their Insurance & Reinsurance team. You will be working alongside an experienced Consultant and will support the provision of excellent legal services to the insurance sector, including insurance and reinsurance companies; policyholders; brokers and other intermediaries; managing agencies and MGAs.
The role will be varied and include:
• Reviewing and analysing policy documentation.
• Reviewing factual documentation and providing analysis of the same.
• Undertaking legal research.
• Managing disclosure exercises.
• Working with factual witnesses to prepare statements and working with expert witnesses.
• Managing preparations for mediation, trial or arbitration.
• Preparing the first drafts of advice to the client.
• Preparing correspondence to the client, court and opposing side.
• Preparing documentation for the court or arbitral tribunal.
• Contributing to case strategy discussions.
• Liaising with counsel and overseas counsel.
• Attending client meetings and conference calls with counsel
• Drafting articles for the firm's Insurance Bulletin.
Key Skills & Experience Required
• The ideal candidate will have between 2 - 3 years of insurance dispute resolution post-qualification experience (PQE).
• Must be admitted to practise in Hong Kong.
• You will have a strong academic background, including a 2:1 at degree level or equivalent.
• You will ideally be bi- or multi-lingual, fluent in Cantonese and / or Mandarin as well as English. Reads and writes Chinese.
• You will have gained some relevant experience from within a strong commercial litigation practice.
• Applicants will be considered from competitor firms and in house positions including insurers provided the relevant experience can be demonstrated.
• You will be used to taking on a high degree of responsibility for the cases that you work on.
• You will be enthusiastic and able to thrive in a fast paced working environment. You will relish client contact, with strong business development and client engagement skills. You will be expected to play an active role in practice and business development.
• Excellent communication and organisational and team skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to understand complex issues.
• Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• International travel may be required.