Commercial Manager - Nairobi, Kenya
Our client is a hands-on investor taking an active role in the development, construction and operations of its investments. They have a strong background in renewable energy projects in developing markets and act as an investor, developer and deliverer of various renewable power assets. They have private equity funds focused on renewable energy projects such as hydropower, biomass and solar across emerging markets.
They are currently seeking a Commercial Manager to join their Commercial and Industrial business unit in Nairobi, Kenya. Reporting within the C&I business unit, you will be responsible for developing a substantiated and robust business plan to grow the existing portfolio in Sub Saharan Africa.
• 10+ years of experience working in power generation with solar projects a plus
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Engineering related subject
• Proven origination skills
• Investment management background with
• Renewable sector experience - ideally solar
• Must have Africa market exposure
• If engineering background, must have moved into development
• Ability to work independently in a corporate setting
• Develop a market entry strategy, pipeline and initial set of project opportunities
• Provide commercial and investment oversight and guidance
• Discover, evaluate, diligence, and negotiate with potential developers, sales leads or channel partners to secure new opportunities as well as direct origination
• Develop, negotiate and execute PPAs and other commercial contracts
• Support on schedule / within budget project delivery and operations and maintenance
• Preparing investment memorandum, proposals, as well as prepare, modify and/or review different financial, economic models
• Raise and manage external financing
• Preparation of annual budgets, business plan
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful company in a management position. If you have the desire to be part of a growing team and have the ambition to further your experience, please apply using the links provided. Salary is negotiable dependent on experience.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!